Typical Sleep problems that I treat:
- Difficulty falling asleep at night
- Middle of the night awakenings
- Waking up too early
- Erratic or irregular sleep (broken sleep)
- Need to stop using sleeping pills or supplements to induce or maintain sleep
- Feeling tired during the day but still unable to get good sleep at night
CBT-I treatment reveals the underlying causes of insomnia and is often effective in a short period of time. CBT-I identifies and then helps you change the unhelpful behaviors and thoughts that maintain insomnia.
Research shows that this treatment results in:
- More sleep
- Better quality sleep
- Improved daytime functioning
- Less reliance on sleep medications
CBT-I is strongly recommended as the initial treatment for chronic insomnia by The American College of Physicians. It is also recommended as a first line treatment for chronic insomnia by The National Institutes of Health and The American Academy of Sleep Medicine.